The inaugural Comms Connect Virtual Conference series will bring a high-quality program focused on the hot topics facing our industry now, and into the future.
Each Thursday in November between 10:00 am and midday (AEST), a series of online presentations from local and international experts will be held, followed by an interactive Q&A panel session.
The four, two-hour sessions will be chaired by Chris Stevens, a highly respected public safety communications expert and Managing Director of CartGIS.
A range of subjects will be covered, such as: project engineering a radio network; securing industrial environments; LTE applications in gas fields; and using the power of GIS as an integration tool for spatial and non-spatial data.
The overall topics of discussion on each of the Thursdays will be:
- 5 Nov: Cybersecurity and our industry — are we lagging behind others?
- 12 Nov: Private LTE — ensuring there is coverage, capacity and control, from design to implementation
- 19 Nov: Location based services — practical integration tips
- 26 Nov: Next-generation land mobile radio systems — how can the industry keep radio relevant?
The full line-up of speakers will be announced soon, but already confirmed are:
- Dr Ian Oppermann, Chief Data Scientist, NSW Department of Customer Service
- Rui Chen, Senior Lead Architect, Commtel Network Solutions
- Peter Jackson, Director of Cyber Security, ECL Cyber
- Lawrence McKenna, Principal Engineer (Manager), Cumarsaid
- Hamish Duff, GM/Director, The Orion Network ANZ
- Chris Stevens, Managing Director, CartGIS Pty Ltd
The Comms Connect Virtual Conference series is sponsored by Zetron, Nokia, DAMM Australia and Vicom, and is presented in partnership with ARCIA, ACCF and RFUANZ.
Image credit: ©stock.adobe.com/au/Marina Andrejchenko